Ok, so this has been a really stressful, crappy week. This may be disjointed, but I just wanted to get it all off my chest.
Last Friday, Isaac had a teeny pimple above his lip. Saturday it was a little bigger and then Sunday morning it started to head-out. By Sunday afternoon, however, it started to swell. All afternoon and evening Sunday it kept swelling and Monday morning, he had a really fat lip. We took him to the doctor and he said it was a staph infection. Isaac needed a shot and antibiotics, the doctor needed to see him again the next day and I had to stop breastfeeding until in went away.
Throughout Monday and Tuesday it began to drain and at the appointment Tuesday, the docotor took a culture to see if he had MRSA (Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus), which is resistant to pretty much all antibiotics and has potential to be very bad. Wednesday, it drained more and the swelling had gon down quite a bit.
Thursday morning the office called to tell us it was MRSA and the doctor wanted to see him that day. I was worried, but the swelling was waay, way down, so I figured he was fine. The doctor was glad the swelling was down and said that the culture showed that the antibiotic he had prescribed turned out to be perfect for fighting MRSA. It sounded like it was pretty much a crap-shoot as to which one would work, so Dr. Hanus was really happy. Thankfully, we didn't even have to pay for the appointment.
So, I was able to start breastfeeding again yesterday. His sore had been healed over for two days and the doctor figured it would be okay to resume breastfeeding. This morning, it hurt on one side and when I looked down, I saw a spot just like he had. Goody.
In and amonst all this, every part of my boday aches. Our bed is so old and in such bad shape that it makes my back hurt. I start off the morning in pain and then have to pick Isaac up a bunch throughout the day. If I could take a hot shower in the mornign ti would help, but because of Matt's stupid employer, his schedule is so intrusive! He works 12-8pm. We either have to wake up really early or stay up really late to spend time as a family. If we want to sleep in at all, we barely have time to be together. I really hate that place.
Anyway, the other thing that has made this week suck is that Matt's Great-Aunt Betty passed away on Monday and the funeral was this morning. It wasn't just about Aunt Betty, she was ready to go, it's just that it gets us thinking about out other ill or aging relatives. Matt's Uncle Lee has brain cancer and has been on chemo for a few months. The last time I saw him, he looked so old and tired that I wanted to weep. I am tired of watching me loved ones fade away and of losing them.
So that's my crap week. Here's hoping the next post will be something fun and happy.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment