Sunday, March 1, 2009

Five Months

My little boy, my first born son, the gift I have wished for my entire life, is five months old. I was thinking today that I have experienced a lot of ups and downs in my life and I started thinking about it in 5 month increments.

October 2008: I was in an operating room delivering Isaac Christopher Lopshire.

May 2008: I was celebrating my 7th wedding anniversary and was 5 months pregnant.

December 2007: I celebrated my last Christmas as a mother with no children (see Aug '04).

July 2007: I made a wedding cake and bridesmaid's dresses for a wedding at the Auburn-Cord-Deusenburg Museum!

February 2007: I thought I was going to lose my best friend to depression. (Thank God I didn't!)

September 2006: My sister got married to her high school sweetheart and I made several dresses and my very first wedding cake (Thanks for believing in me, Moo!).

April 2006: I was going through a deep depression following (what I thought had been) a second miscarriage.

November 2005: I was asked to create 13+ costumes for a large community theatre play.

June 2005: Matt and I started going to a new church in South Bend.

January 2005: I began to deal with the grief from my miscarriage.

August 2004: I found out I was 3 weeks pregnant and miscarrying and had to drop out of my college class 2 days before it started to have a D&C.

I really don't remember much detail before that - at least not month by month. I counted backward to figure out each month as I wrote this. I find it very interesting that each one contained a defining moment or situation for me - good or bad. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I just know that all of these events have formed the person I am now. I would not be the mother I am now without all the garbage and gifts of the past. I am thankful far all of them.

I do wonder, however, what 5 months from now will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment